Check out Episode 2 of the Sales Enabled Podcast below with Chris Hatfield. Be sure to subscribe and follow to keep up to date with all the latest episodes.
Subscribe and Follow
Click on one of the links above to subscribe to the show on your favourite platform.
In this episode of SalesEnabled, Dan Storey speaks with Chris Hatfield from Sales Psyche on how salespeople and sales leaders can better deal with the stresses associated with the sales profession. With burnout from stress at an all-time high, and stress being the #1 reason for people taking time off sick from work, they discuss if there is a better way we can approach stress in sales?
During the show, Dan and Chris discuss:
- how Chris spent New Years posting motivational notes to strangers (check out Andy Leek’s website for details)
- how the pandemic has highlighted the need for people to focus on how they handle stress
- why stress isn’t negative or positive and how to interpret stress more effectively
- techniques to deal with stress in the moment to avoid it developing into overwhelm
- how our interpretations of events need to be defended in a courtroom-style scenario
- why it is important for sales leaders to set the example of personal management
If you want to find out more, check out Chris’s site at Sales Psyche and be sure to take the Resilience Test to see the specific areas you can develop to become more mentally tough – https://www.salespsyche.co.uk/how-resilient-are-you.